- Tap the message icon to begin composing a message
- Select the plus icon and choose the contact that you wish to send the message to – the person has to be saved in your phone as a contact
- You can include your location in your message by selecting the location icon to the left of the messaging composition bar
Messages are limited to 140 characters. As you type your message, you will see the circle around the send icon (envelope when on an IP connection, Rocket when on a satellite connection) slowly fill the circle as you type more characters. If you exceed the limit, it will turn red, as will the characters in your message which go over the limit.
- Messages can be sent via Wi-Fi or cellular data without a paid subscription. If you have a paid subscription, messages sent via Wi-Fi or cellular data are free and do not use your account quota
- If a message is sent from Bullitt Satellite Messenger to a phone number that does not have the app or an account, the receiver will get an SMS containing the original message and a link to download the app to respond. If they wish to respond to the message, it must be done via downloading the app from the iOS or Google app store
- The app is free to download. You do not need a subscription to send a reply as the cost of the message received over satellite message is covered by the subscription of the Cat S75 user
- To send messages via satellite whilst in data coverage, you will need to select “Satellite"
- Messages sent via satellite will have a small orange triangle in the corner of the message.
NOTE: THE APP WILL ALWAYS SEND MESSAGES OVER CELLULAR OF WI-FI IF IT CAN. IF YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT/RECEIVED OVER SATELLITE IT WILL BE MARKED BY AN ORANGE TRIANGLE.
ANY MESSAGE SENT OR RECEIVED OVER SATELLITE WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR DATA SUBSCRIPTION.
Within the messaging conversation the following icons will appear:
- When on cellular or Wi-Fi, a single tick by the message indicates it has been sent, two grey ticks means it has been sent and delivered, 2 blue ticks indicates it has been sent, delivered and read
- When messaging over satellite only, a single tick by the message indicates it has been sent. You will not receive the double tick delivered indication over satellite unless you have adjusted your settings to allow read receipts as delivery receipts via satellite will cost 50 bytes of your data allowance. You will never get the two blue read ticks until you return to a cellular or wi-fi connection